Bookmakers offer the following types of stakes for motorsport:
- Win. As the name of the market suggests, you must indicate the winner of the race.
- 1-3 place. This type of motorsport bet is similar to the previous one, with the only difference that in order to win the bet, the selected athlete must be in the top three, and not necessarily win the race. There are variants of this type of deal, such as “1st-6th place” or “1st-10th place”.
- Comparison. To win in this market, you need to correctly predict which of the two selected participants in the race will be higher in the final protocol.
Long-term rates. It is necessary to correctly indicate the winner not of an individual race, but of the entire competition.
What are the features of motorcycle racing betting?
Motorcycle racers compete in different disciplines. And they are as follows:
- Speedway (competition on a track with one surface);
- Motocross (obstacle course racing);
- Enduro (rally consisting of many stages and lasting up to a month);
- Road circuit racing (Superbike and MotoGP).
Bettors should pay attention to the results in previous competitions. For example, in circuit races, motorcycle races on tracks are held in a circular system. The main task of the participants is to take a place in the four in order to reach the semifinals or finals. Therefore, the favorites in the preliminary stages often spend just enough effort to go further. Experienced bettors sometimes bet on their opponents with positive handicaps for the time difference.
Bookmakers do not always accurately determine the favorites for a particular race. It is quite typical that in the previous stages a strong rider showed fast seconds, but now his motorcycle rolls modestly without claims to high places.
What should you consider when betting on motorsport?
As with all sports, the most important factors need to be considered when choosing a bet on modern motorsport. The analogy with tennis is more logical here, because during one calendar season even top tennis players are forced to adapt to three different types of surfaces. So in motorsport, every top rider, even at the level of world champions, has his own favorite, and, on the contrary, not favorite types of tracks. Voluminous knowledge and possession of this information will allow you to beat the bookmaker once again.
The second dominant factor is the rider’s tournament motivation. Here the alignment is clear without further ado, because the higher the position that the rider occupies in the summary standings, the more he is interested in successfully overcoming the next stage. Sometimes tournament motivation reaches its “maximum boiling point”, and therefore becomes prohibitive. But, after all, this is the only way, on the maximum dedication of all physical and mental strength, new champions are born.